Connect to the Faculty Server via Secure File Transfer Client
FileZilla Client can be used to upload files to your web space. Use the steps below to connect via and upload web files FileZilla Client.
Note: You still have to create pages in Dreamweaver or another web authoring tool. If you're unfamiliar with creating web pages, see our FAQ "I don't know how to create web pages."
- Download and install the FileZilla Client.
- To install, launch the installer and click next.
- Decline the next two optional offers.
- Once it has finished downloading, start the installation with the settings set to your preference.
- Launch the FileZilla Client by going to the Start menu, All Programs, FileZilla FTP Client, FileZilla
- To connect to an FTP server, in the Quickconnectbar on the top of the window, enter the following:
- Host name: “faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu" (no quotes).
- Username: Enter your netid.
- Password: Enter your netid password.
- Click the Quickconnect button on the right.
You are now connected to your Individual Page Server account. Find web files on your computer in the left-hand panel and drag them to the public_html directory on the right-hand panel.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top