Departmental Management and Hiring
The primary source for information about managing academic departments is the Chairperson's Handbook.
Additonal resources and links related to departmental procedures can be found below.
Human Resources Matters
- Human Resources FASIS Self Service for Faculty
- Approve Staff Time Sheets (for Chairs/Directors)
- Conflict of Interest Instructions and Form Access
- Northwestern Human Resources
Both tenure-line and teaching track faculty members must submit their current CVs, along with the vita supplement form, annually.
Recruitment and Hiring
Forms and guidance on the faculty recruiting process.
- Tenure-Line Faculty Search Procedures
- Search Committee Tips
- Search Administrator Tips
- Faculty Pre-Search Review form for Weinberg
- Faculty Search System Configurable Options Form
- Guide to Managing WCAS Faculty Search System
- Pre-Search Security Access Form for Self-ID Coordinators
- Quick Steps for Self-ID Email process
- Affirmative Action form (for incoming, full-time, teaching faculty)
- Entertainment and Courtesy Expense Policies
- Short-Term Appointment and Teaching Track Faculty Application (includes Secondary/Courtesy appointments and overloads)