A liberal arts education exposes students to a wide range of academic disciplines.
You must take two (one-quarter) courses in each of six broad areas of intellectual inquiry.
- Natural Sciences (Area I)
- Formal Studies (Area II)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (Area III)
- Historical Studies (Area IV)
- Ethics and Values (Area V)
- Literature and Fine Arts (Area VI)
- Review the lists of courses approved for distribution credit for this academic year or past years.
- Some courses can count toward more than one distribution area, subject to certain rules and limitations. Read about interdisciplinary studies courses.