Office of Undergraduate Studies and Advising
The Office of Undergraduate Studies and Advising (OUSA) is the central advising and information resource for Weinberg students. It's a place to go whenever you want to talk about academic issues, about what courses to take or what major to select, about your progress on degree requirements, about problems you're having or special opportunities you're thinking about exploring, and about any other academic concern you may have. It's also a place to go when you're unsure of where to turn for advice. If we're not the right people for you to see, we can usually tell you who is. The OUSA coordinates the work of fall quarter seminar-linked advisers, Weinberg College Advisers, and Department and Program Advisers.
Meetings at OUSA
Students who visit the OUSA often meet with their assigned Weinberg College Adviser. OUSA program assistants at 1908 or 1922 Sheridan may also handle your questions.
For other issues, you may meet with one of the OUSA deans or the Director of Academic Advising:
- Assistant Dean for First-Year Students, Lane Fenrich
- Assistant Dean for Academic Integrity, Mark Sheldon
- Assistant Dean for Curriculum, Joan Linsenmeier
- Director of Academic Advising, Liz Trubey
- Associate Dean for Undergraduate Academic Affairs, Mary Finn
The Weinberg College Dean's Office Directory lists all members of the OUSA, including contact information for each person; see the sections on Undergraduate Studies and on Undergraduate Advising.
Contact the OUSA
Monday through Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., except on days when the university is officially closed. Some staff members work only during the regular academic year (Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters).
The OUSA is divided among three locations, 1922 Sheridan Road, 1908 Sheridan, and 619 Emerson. If you are unsure about which building to go to, call 847-491-8916 for more information.
- People working at 1922 Sheridan include the Assistant Dean for First-Year Students, Lane Fenrich, and Associate Dean Mary Finn.
- People working at 1908 Sheridan and 619 Emerson include the Weinberg College Advisers; the Director of Academic Advising, Liz Trubey; the Assistant Dean for Academic Integrity, Mark Sheldon; and the Assistant Dean for Curriculum, Joan Linsenmeier.
- 847-491-7560 (1922 Sheridan)
- 847-491-8916 (1908 Sheridan/619 Emerson)
- 847-467-7251 (1922 Sheridan)
- 847-491-8920 (1908 Sheridan)
Make an appointment
- To make an appointment with any Weinberg College Adviser or the Director of Academic Advising, call 847-491-8916 or stop by 1908 Sheridan Road. Students with assigned College Advisers can also make an appointment using our online scheduling system.
- To make an appointment with Assistant Dean Mark Sheldon or Assistant Dean Joan Linsenmeier, call 847-491-8916.
- To make an appointment with Assistant Dean Lane Fenrich or Associate Dean Mary Finn, call 847-491-7560.
Advising by email
For straightforward questions about College rules and requirements or guidance on academic choices, you can email your question to your adviser or our general advising address, email@example.com. Email advising is intended to supplement meetings with College Advisers, not to replace them.