The Weinberg Faculty Server is a shared resource for faculty members to create sites for their individual academic and research materials.
- New users can request an account online.
- Find instructions to create your site:
Connect to the Weinberg Faculty Server
To connect to the Weinberg Faculty Server you will need an SFTP client or web publishing tool with SFTP capabilities (e.g., Adobe Contribute or Dreamweaver and many others).
Most clients have a way to define a site or connection where you'll be asked questions similar to this:
- Transfer method: SFTP
- Host: faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu
- Username: Your NetID
- Password: Your NetID password
- Directory: public_html
Your files will be viewable on the web at http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/~NetID. Until you upload your page, you will receive a forbidden error when viewing the URL in a browser.
If your application doesn't ask for an initial directory, upload documents to the "public_html" directory.
These instructions will help you get connected with your specific client:
- Contribute (recommended for most users)
- Dreamweaver MX 2004 or 8+
- Secure File Transfer Client (Windows PC)
- Fetch (Macintosh OS X)
AbsoluteFTP does not support Secure FTP without an additional plug-in.