Teaching and Research Resources
Weinberg IT serves as your consultant and facilitator for access to technology services related to teaching and research. Academic and Research Technologies directly provides many of those services, including educational project consultation and support; digital media (video, audio, and images) production services; educational software development; faculty training; and development of new technologies.
- Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that allows Northwestern instructors and students to deliver course materials, submit assignments and tests, view grades, and create learning activities.
- Smart Classrooms are technology-enhanced classrooms that foster opportunities for teaching and learning by integrating learning technology, such as computers, specialized software, audience response technology, networking, and audio/visual capabilities.
- The Multimedia Learning Center offers a computer lab classroom centrally located in the Main Library for in-class technology instruction and/or traditional language instruction using DiLL. Another computer lab classroom in Roycemore primarily caters to Digital Art classes. Both seat 20 students. Reservations can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research Data Storage Service is a high-capacity desktop-mountable storage service for sharing among collaborators at Northwestern. The storage system allows the account owner to manage permissions and access with no IT intervention required.
- Vault Collaborative Research Data Storage Service will be retired on January 14, 2017. Visit Vault Collaborative to Box Migration Instructions for key dates and information on downloading your files before the deadline. Learn more about this service retirement.
- Quest is a high-performance computing cluster provided by NUIT to support large-scale research computing tasks.
- The Social Sciences Computing Cluster (SSCC) supports a variety of research software on the Linux platform for computation in the social sciences, with a rich suite of statistical software applications and a centrally-managed data storage service.
- NUworkspace offers a virtualized Windows desktop for light computing workloads in social sciences and humanities.
- Qualtrics Research Suite (online surveys) is a cloud-based service which provides a comprehensive suite of tools to create web surveys and analyze collected data. Qualtrics has been licensed by the College and unlimited access is available at no cost to all Weinberg faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
- LabVIEW is a National Instruments system-design platform and development environment for the “G” visual programming language. Northwestern has negotiated a campus-wide site license for LabVIEW with the guidelines below.