Find information and tools related to curriculum and instruction, research and funding, promotion, and work in your academic department.
The Chairperson's Handbook is an invaluable source of information and guidance on all these topics (and others) and is available to all faculty and staff within the College.
- Teaching and curriculum. Instructional resources, funding, and teaching awards are available, along with guidance on occasional curriculum changes. Find information and tools related to proposing new courses, changing majors and minors, and more. Find teaching resources and curricular policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate advising. When working with undergraduate students as adviser, you will want to refer to our Advising Guides. Review advising tools.
- Managing your career. Tenure-track and lecturer faculty members can find information about the promotion process, including necessary reviews. Read guidelines, timelines, and requirements for promotion.
- Funding research and leaves. If you are considering taking a leave of absence for a research or a leave of absence, you'll need to understand a variety of policies and procedures. Explore opportunities for research funding and various leaves of absence policies.
- Departmental work. Within your academic department, you may be involved with recruitment, hiring, or human resources issues. Consult the Chairperson's Handbook, and find hiring and human resources tools.
- Committee service and assignments. Faculty members are expected to serve on committees that play a key role in the College's and University's affairs. Review faculty committee assignments.