Graduate Offer Letter Process
Weinberg graduate programs should complete the following steps when preparing and sending offer letters to accepted graduate students.
- Review the Offer Letter Process document.
- Contact TGS Admissions to obtain the offer letter template.
Drafting Your Letter
- The TGS Offer Letter Checklist provides a helpful review of all required components. As noted in the document, be sure to refer to Regulations Governing Assistance and the Council of Graduate School's Resolution.
- The text of all offer letters must be reviewed in advance by both The Graduate School and the Dean's Office. Forward draft template to both offices for approval.
Sending Offer Letters
1. Once reviewed and approved by TGS, letters are ready to send. They must be sent to applicants via email as PDF attachments (not Word documents).
- When emailing the PDF version of the offer letter, please be sure to copy TGS and Weinberg.
- The subject line of the email must include the applicant's first and last name so records can be easily tracked.
- When preparing the PDF versions of the letters, convert the PDF directly from Word using Acrobat (with electronic signatures) or use a software tool like doPDF. Scanning hard copies can result in confusing, illegible, or otherwise unhappy-looking documents.
2. After sending the email version of the letter, your department must also send a hard copy of the letter to the applicant via mail.Back to top