Choose from one of the many majors offered by Weinberg College departments and programs. To complete your major, you complete its requirements (which are listed on our major worksheets), following the College's rules and policies for majors.
Use these webpages to learn about some special types of majors, with special requirements, as well as about optional second majors and degrees.
- Adjunct majors: These majors require you to complete a second "stand-alone" major.
- Special admission majors: A handful of majors require students to apply.
- Ad hoc majors: If you have well-defined interests that don't fit into an existing major but still comprise a cohesive field of knowledge, you may choose to pursue an ad hoc major. You would work with professors to create a customized program of study.
- Second Weinberg major: A second major is an opportunity to pursue another academic area in depth. If you choose to complete a second major, pay close attention to rules related to majors and course requirements.
- Second major in another Northwestern school: If you choose to complete a major in Weinberg College and also a major in another school, you may need to complete additional procedures, such as applying to and enrolling in that other school.
- Dual bachelor's degree programs: It is possible to earn two undergraduate degrees through a dual bachelor's degree program in either Liberal Arts and Engineering (BA/BS) or Liberal Arts and Music (BA/BMusic).
Students who do outstanding work in their majors may be eligible to graduate with department or program honors.Back to top